Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Positive mindset, Is it powerful?

What do we describe as a positive mindset? It is as simple as thinking positively even in the worst case situation. When the numbers says that you won't meet your Q3 forecast, you have to keep thinking that you can do it and then take the necessary action to achieve it. It is obviously about being positive but it is also about never giving up and having the ability to turn on a dime.

Back in the days, I was defeatist. As the time flew, I changed my mindset to be more positive when facing tough situation. It helped me when I was stressed, when I was sad, when I was mad and when my world was falling apart. It helped me when I did my first triathlon and when I went through my first real business deal. I've been able to do all this because my mind was positively set.

''He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right'' - Confucius -

This is a quotes I often use in my everyday life. You can set your mind to do everything you want and it is important that you do it. If you want to do a back-flip for the first time and you don't believe you can do it, then you will fail at doing  it or worst you won't do it. On the counter part, if your mind believe that you can do it, you are more likely to succeed. It is not an exact science but in most case it works.

You have to understand the limit of what you can do and endure, if you don't understand yourself and your own limit you might push yourself to far. 

I truly believe that if I keep a positive mindset day after day I am more destined to achieve whatever I want to do. You can't work your way to the top by thinking that you will never do it. This is two ideas that don't fit together, they can't both be in the same sentence.

My conclusion would be that having a positive mindset is as powerful as you want it to be.

Be positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment